Bookmark this page and visit often.



Tuesday, February 16, 2010

We're going to Armenia!

The invite arrived today. Susan called me (Fred, of course) at work before opening the envelope. We were thrilled to find out it's Armenia, as we had hoped and suspected. Teaching English, of course, in a secondary school, although that could mean college, not just high school.

We suddenly have a whole lot to do before May 27, our departure date. For now, the Peace Corps is asking for all kinds of paperwork. Moving out is only part of it - we need to prepare for living in Armenia and our lives need to go on without us here in the US until sometime like September 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan and Fred,

    My name is Chad Erickson, and I will also be a secondary education English teacher in Armenia leaving....May 27, 2010! I look forward to meeting you.

    And so you know..I will now be scouring your blog for every bit of information I can find on how others are preparing for this amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete